Tuesday 19 September 2017

Sable 2


I was really chuffed to get this photo today. I was so emotionally involved with this pup that it broke my heart when he didn't get to come and live with us a few weeks ago. But it's funny how things work out and he was obviously not the right one for me. He still has no descended testicles, but anyway by now my friend feels he'd have little show prospects. Apparently he's very big for his age, his ears are weak, his coat is wiry and his hocks are awful. Though of course it's early days for his ears and his hocks will strengthen with normal moderate exercise, but I've never come across a wiry coat in a GSD.I love his dark head, his eye colour is correct and he has a lovely expression, but I would be doing my head in over those ears, they would be worrying me silly by now!
I think sable 2 is about 3 weeks older than Ross and you can see normal difference in size and coat growth.Though of course the way Ross is growing I can't imagine he'll be far short on size and substance in 3 weeks. It will be interesting to see how dark Ross' head goes with maturity .. I do love a dog with a dark head!
To be fair, I'm really happy with how Ross is coming on. He's growing up quite tidily, he has plenty of bone and substance, great angulation, a tidy overline though hopefully his tail set continues to improve. He's a tidy mover with straight hocks, though his front movement could be better .. and may well be as he grows into himself. His character is strong and he has super colour. With correct dentition and some normal coat growth over the next few months I reckon it'll be one smart little puppy making his appearance in the show ring at the beginning of December!