Monday 11 September 2017

Bloody Labs!

I'm fecking seething - Stupid stupid man in Pets At Home let his Labrador lung out at Ross. I moved away from him and he followed me round, it dragged him round the corner of the isle where it lunged out barking again. He had it on a harness and had no control on the dog what so ever. When I told him what I thought he just stood there with a stupid grin on his face. My god Ross is just baby, he really doesn't need this. Of course he barked back. I honestly doubt it will affect him long term as he's a confident chap, but that could have been devastating to anyone with a shy pup, it could have really done some damage at this early vulnerable time in their life.
This is the second time it's happened now, both times with Lab's dragging their owners on harnesses. What is it with the recent trend to stick a dog on a harness? Unless they are specific training harnesses they just encourage pulling .. why do people think all the sledge dogs are on a harness?
Thank God it's dog club night in Pentrefelin tomorrow night, at least I'll know pretty quickly if I now have extra work to do!
On the way back home we stopped for a little walk by the river in Caernarfon. Just me and him. It was quite nice really, pretty sheltered from the wind and warm-ish anyway. He was quite intrigued with the fast moving river, but stayed firmly on the lead, no man nor beast nor Tali would stand a hope in hell in that today. Anyway the second photo is quite interesting as again you can see the amazing colour change of the new coat.