Thursday 28 August 2014

Yesterday

It's should have been a fun day at a dog show, but with news that Nico's lump had returned it was a stressful and tearful day. I phoned the vet from the show and made an appointment  to see Jill today, other vets were offered for that day, but I decided to wait. Unable to concentrate or enjoy the show I opted to come home early. I was shocked to find the lump was already the size of an apple and phoned the vets back to remake an appointment for that afternoon.
Thankfully we got to see Rachel and she is adamant it's nothing sinister as by then I was really panicking, she thinks possibly a grass seed or something small and similar is inbedded under the skin. She hopes it may dissolve or work it's way out as apparently they often do; but if it doesn't go down with this course of meds, or returns again the will open it up and flush it out. My poor boy! I have to confess I do panic these days, after we lost Kai so young and so quickly I always see the negatives.
Nico is not at all affected by this this time, he's his usually happy bubbly self, totally oblivious to the heartache he's causing me. Bless him, I do love him so much, such a special boy.
Once more I find myself referring to friends ... you really do show your true colours at times like this. All I can say is from the bottom of my heart I thank you!