Sunday 10 August 2014

No Show Today

Sammi waiting for the off! 
Well I'm sat here at home on my laptop when I should be in Chippenham at a breed Championship show. Despite the weather forecast and their being no wet weather facilities at the show we were still going. Dedication or stupidity? I'll let you be the judge of that!
So the food was prepared, the van was loaded with wet weather clothes, towels etc, and I had a tank full of diesel read for the off. Sammi was to get her bath and "blast" at around 7pm ish ... but then the text came in... "I'm in hospital, May have broken my leg or badly sprained, will let you know!"
Poor Debbie, and what a position she'd been in. It's easier if II let you read it in her own words.
"Absolutely gutted, unable to go to SWGSD show tomorrow! Rhian and I were concerned about the weather but we were still going to go for it and hope for the best! BUT........I took the dogs out for a walk earlier today, just walking back to the jeep when I slipped on loose gravel and ended up on the floor with my leg twisted underneath me! couldn't get up, was convinced my ankle/leg was broken. Dogs were loose, two on the road by the jeep. Luckily a fella was passing by and saw the dogs then me. He called for an ambulance! He managed to put dogs in jeep except for Ice, he wouldn't let the bloke anywhere near me, and would run at him if he came too close! he managed to get hold of his lead and tie him to fence so he could lie near me but not do any harm!
well after 4hrs in A&E and xrays I was very lucky to have got away with a very badly sprained ankle which is now very swollen and bruised and I can't walk on it. I still wanted to go to the show but trying to be sensible...... ..........with bad weather and my accident against us we decided to give it a miss!"
So I'm home, there's another day and another dog show, my main disappointment really is missing Nico's breed survey, but hell we can book that again too! Sometimes life is more important than dog shows, and whilst it's dry, bright and calm here I hear it's currently diabolical down there!!