Sunday 31 August 2014

GSD Type - A Breed Apart?

Just incase you don't know what I'm talking about. 
 I'm being careful and using this photo as it was taken by a friend a few years ago. It's classic "English bred" German Shepherd, what we would refer to as an "Alsatian!" In fairness this one has fair length of leg,most don't, but look at the overall length of the animal, the over done front assembly, exaggeration in hindquaters and the ski slope overline.
This is Nico taken earlier this month, he has what I would call a "harder" overline and hindquaters that can get him about, they don't bend underneath him when he's walking. I know he's far from perfect but which of these two dogs could do a days work? 
So which is correct?- that is how you interpreter the written word I guess, but what I'm getting at is that you can't consider both to be correct - can you?