Saturday 16 August 2014

Mixed Results At WkC

I had three of the "Blanik" kids going to The Welsh Kennel Club Championship show today. Entries where poor under the fast moving foreign judge, and of course Nico had one of the strongest quality classes of the day. With seven entries, and three of them CC winners I felt just a place in the cards would be good. Nico was awful in his individual, he was like an idiot on speed, but the judge gave him chance after chance to get it right. My stomach was churning over as I though, "he's blown it" ... but the judge then gave all the dogs another chance to move individually, he placed him third and left him there. I was over the moon. He's such a super dog and moving round settled he looked amazing. There are no photos of Nico today ... we had three dog by the ring together and at the time it was simply impossible. I do hope someone else has one :)
Next in the ring was Tali, there were only 2 bitches entered in the Veteran class, the other bitch was  lovely, quite a favourite of mine and at only 3 days over 7 years  I kind of gathered Tali would be out of her league, (Tali is now over 9 and a half ) ... but you know what? She only went and won it. I had said that this would be her last Champ show and what a way to retire. She started her Champ show career by winning Best Puppy In Breed at City Of Birmingham in 2005 handled by Sarah, she retires winning Veteran in 2014 at WKC handled by Sarah. So Proud and Thank you Sarah!
Again Sammi's class was numerically small. With three entries only the other 2 bitches where familiar to me. Rose tinted glasses left at home, Sammi should have been second but she was placed last. I really don't get it, he had judged so consistent till then really so why? She wasn't that much taller than the winner, she gave a steady genuine performance and after a good go with the blaster her coat looked Ok I suppose. So maybe I'm doubting my "eye" a little tonight, kind of knocked my confidence a little I guess. Anyway I'll soon be over it ... another day ... another dog show!