Saturday 17 May 2014

Jezi

As we walked down through the quarry yesterday three sheep jumped out from behind a slate mound and ran crossing in front of the dogs. Finlay was oblivious, bless! Nico, without being called returned to my side but the temptation was just too much for Jezi. Three sheep running 6 foot or so in front of her nose, a lot to ask of any dog really. I screamed "Jezi come, Jezi come!" Her recall was instant, I was so proud of her, we had huge cuddles and I felt she was almost smiling at me, she seemed so pleased that she had got it right.
Without doubt "Proud" is the word, I'm so proud of who she is, who she has become. I don't mean the show wins, though the Best of Breeds are a feather in her cap, I mean her the "person" she is now. She was a difficult "child", but I have no doubt she was just a victim of our circumstances at the time ... she's is now a beautiful adult, devoted,
affectionate and obedient. We love you Jezi Baba.