Thursday 1 May 2014

Check - UP Time

Finlay's MOT is over and done with for another year, and the vet was very happy with his condition. Though he was just over 42Kg she felt his weight was Ok for his height .... and length of course!!!! She said she would prefer him to be 40kg, and would hate to see him at 44kg but really he's Ok as he is. He's been on veteran food for a couple of years now, but getting weight off him would be difficult as he does most things at slow pace, there's no rushing our Finlay.
Though we have noticed some stiffness the vet felt his mobility was still pretty good for his age. I guess I have to adjust to having such a slow dog, I'm used to seeing them race around. Anyway, no medication required, but she was pleased he was already on glucosamine and chondroitin. Though I told her that I really haven't seen any difference she suggested I carry on for the time being! I will at least finish the bottle, then I'll think about it!
So hopefully, with a bit of luck it'll be April 2015 before Finlay needs to go back to the vets again!