Thursday 15 May 2014

I Feel so Blessed


The sun is shining brightly at seven in the evening and I'm out in our fields with my family. The silence is only broken by the sound of bird song, particularly the cuckoo. The mountains look dramatic, the view that sometimes I take for granted takes my breath away, the grass in the field is a wonderful rich green, the buttercups are just closing and the bluebells are just starting to bloom. (they are always late up here) Steve and I hold hands as we slowly walk around the boundary, the dogs are loving their extra time out and Jamie cat follows along behind....as he does.
Sometimes it really is time to step back and look at what we have. I have a wonderful husband who I adore, he is my life and I know he would give me the world. I have a fantastic family of beautiful dogs and cats, with super individual characters, they warm up my heart, they make me smile everyday, they make me complete.
I have loving kind parents who are always there when I need them ... and my friends, I'm truly blessed to have a large circle of the best friends anyone could wish for!
I have George, dismiss it and patronise it if you like, but we all occasionally need escapism and he is mine.
I live in the heart of rural Snowdonia, in one of the most beautiful places I could ever dream of. Yes we get it rough in the middle of Winter ... but hell just one day like today makes it all worth it. Of course I have dreams and fantasies, don't we all? But mostly I have everything I could ever wish for ... Yes I am truly blessed.