Saturday 17 May 2014

A Tad Cheeky

Those of you on Facebook will know about Snowflake. (Sorry bad choice of nickname!) He has been visiting regularly and even taking to sleeping around the property. This week he has crept nearer, as close as the wall by the back of the cottage. But with our own 6 cats part of the family, the dogs are not really welcoming this guy onto the property, but Snowflake does not seem in the least bit bothered by their lack of welcome.
Last night, shortly after midnight all hell broke out in the middle room. As quickly as I was awake I ran through to find Oliver fluffed up to twice his size and Billy and Tia nervously staring at the cat flap. On the step (Inside the house)there was cat pee ... I opened the door, and there he was, Snowflake, about 10 foot away from me. He had obviously been in the house but Oliver had sent him packing. There was no sign of Jamie or Isla and I would imagine Abi would be fast asleep somewhere else.
I don't mind the guy hanging around, but I really don't want the fights. This is the second time that he and Oliver have had words now and I don't want my cats hurt. I would imagine that Snowflake is an entire male and to be honest I'm really pissed off at his owners for not doing the sensible thing and having him neutered .. taking it of course that he has an owner. Though I wish him no harm, I do hope his "words" with Oliver will make him think twice before coming into the cottage again or I will really have no options ..... those balls will have to come off!