Saturday 10 May 2014

A Huge Loss

Our lovely friend Ann died last week. She'd had cancer for a few years on and off, but no one outside her immediate circle of family and friends knew of her illness. It had been her wish to carry on as normal and not be treated differently. Such a brave lady. Her passing has upset me greatly, and currently I think about her everyday. This has been such a shock to many, but I can't begin to imagine how this has affected her nearest and dearest. I guess I've been lucky, I haven't lost such a close friend before; I've only lost older family members, or friends whom I knew were ill. Truth is I hadn't see Ann for months, only Ger had turned up at recent dog shows, but we e.mailed each other regularly. (and ever more so over this year) Recently we had both wondered what we had done to be treated so strangely by a certain person? And days before her death we had also "bitched" about dog training and it's members. Now I keep thinking, had I known would I have bothered her with such trivia? Probably not, but of course that was exactly what she seemed to want, normality. 
This certainly puts life into prospective, and for a while anyway you see thing differently, you do realise what's important in life and realise those stupid little things or those silly misguided people are really not worth your time of day anymore. 
RIP Annie bach, thank you for over 20 years of friendship, It was indeed a pleasure.