Saturday 5 January 2013

In It To Win It!

Today Nico and I went into the ring together for the first time, and he got Best of Breed. Ok Ok, I'm never one to lie about these things, there was only 2 GSD's in the class and both were mine. A badly behaved and vocal Jezi was 2nd! This was only a limit show and the point of going was to see if it would work for me to show Nico myself at Open and Champ shows in future. I feel after today that I can certainly achieved that goal. He was a star for me. I just wish the judge had been in slightly less of a hurry and given me more time to set him up in the stance, but he moved well for me without over pulling or scrabbling.
To be fair to Jezi she's badly out of coat and all she wanted was to get to me and her best friend. Mark is very patient with her, she moved well in her individual and I'm sure she was a picture in stance.
We did have a giggle at the end of the class when the judge told Mark to just bring the bitch next time and leave me at home as i sabotaged his chances .... hehe sorry Mark!
Love this photo of Nico taken outside the venue. Love his head, neck, overline and hind quarters in it. Just his front is placed slightly forward so doesn't show the angle as it truly is. Still a great photo to remember the day.
We didn't stay for BIS, my blood count is all up the spout again and I was feeling rather rough. Disappointing but  the drive home was bothering me and I preferred to do it in daylight. Still I enjoyed seeing everyone in the first show of 2013.