Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

Today - Nico, Finlay and Jezi
 
Today -Ziva, Asha, Mikey and Tali
 
George at Liverpool
Well it's over .... 2012 was just one huge Rollercoster ride of emotions for me, huge highs and distressing lows. I was lucky to share 3 fantastic nights in the company of Mr Michael on his outstanding Symphonica tour. Whilst all the concerts were exceptional, our "date" at The Liverpool Echo will always stand out as a dream come true for me. Being that close to "The Man" at his best was simply an awesome experience. I wrote on my blog at the time "I could see the eyes beyond the glasses, the drips of sweat on his forehead, the hair on the back of his hand, the glint of his jewelry in the light ... and those teeth, Oh God those teeth!!!" I still remember it all so clearly!
My Best In Show Boys
There have been some wonderful dog show days with equally wonderful friends. Numerous Best Of Breed awards with Mikey, Asha, Ziva and Jezi all managing top honours within their breed classes and both girls being placed in Puppy Pastoral Groups. But the Blanik superstar in the ring for 2012 must be  Mikey Mikey with his 3 Best In Shows. There hadn't been a BIS from a Canine Society show at Blanik since Blade's second BIS at Merioneth in 1999. (though Dexi and Louis had flown the Blanik flag gaining BIS at a Breed shows) So without doubt we were extremely proud of Mikey's achievements in 2012. Finlay also had a great years showing, not just at the companion shows, he was also Best In Show at a white and long coat GSD rally ... What a boy!

Riley with Oliver Tonight
I needed another cat like i needed a hole in the head! But there he was squashed in the bottom of a pile of 12 farm kittens. Small, pathetic, sneezing and eyes running. I took him in my arms and melted ... but Stevie said NO, as he does! I see hundreds of kittens in the same situation every year but over the next few days I couldn't get him out of my mind, I even dreamt about him ... and then I bit the bullet and told Steve I was bringing him home, and Riley came to Fron. Currently I wonder why? Why does he have to go through this? Why do I have to go through this? Shit it hurts, me more than him I guess. But taking on board that maybe someone somewhere has a plan, maybe Riley was always destine to be with me whatever the long term outcome. At least I'll know that since he's been here he has only known love, warmth, kindness and plenty ....
Nico on New Years Day
And then came Nico, wonderful Nico, what would I have done without him these last few weeks? He certainly has put a glint in my eye, he makes me smile and his antics make me laugh. I see both Kai and Louis in his character and a little bit of Mikey in his looks ... be it only maybe the dark head. He came into my life when I needed someone and thank god he's here now to help the others pull me through the dark days again. I can never truly repay the kindness that bought this dog to me, I truly have another star at Blanik.
The heartbreaking losses, Kai, Kiri and Louis have been well documented here. Due to Kiri's old age and Louis health problems I came into the year almost expecting to loose two of them but loosing three was just too much pain in one year ...
Hyperthyroidism ... now that's a word for you! A word that I learnt all about in 2012, and it's been no fun at all. Almost 9 months later and I'm still not balanced ... currently I feel the irritability returning, and I never get through a day without a couple of hours sleep, wish I could say the same for the night were I find myself bouncing off the ceiling. Still knowing is half the battle I guess!

 God knows what 2013 will bring but please let it be health, wealth and happiness to all. Thank you for reading Tali's Tails and Happy New Year to you all.