Wednesday 2 January 2013

At The Vets

Enya
I was a little too distracted to mention on Monday that we saw Enya at the vets. She was waiting in reception as her older family member went in to see the vet. Enya looked wonderful and gave me a huge welcome. God she still makes my heart flutter .. but she's just so loved, what more can I ask?
Apparently the family spent s few days with relatives in Birmingham over the Xmas holidays. During her holiday Enya became unwell and feeling sorry for herself took herself off to bed ....  for 14 hours! She then got up and seem to recover instantly, Steve and I both remembered how she did something similar when she was here. She spent the day on the sofa wrapped up in a snuggie looking like death warmed up ... then at around 9pm she got up shook herself off and started to play! Guess that the way she deals with feeling off colour!
We also had the opportunity to pop Nico on the scales at the vets. So chuffed that he's put on another KG, he's now 36.6kg (Was 33.2kg when he arrived and dropped a little weight the first month here) This is a great weight for such a correct size male. Nico's around 63.5 - 64cm at the wither, nicely within the standard ... well just below the maximum height of 65cm at the wither for a male... and at around the same height and weight as Mikey now so I can't complain. Height has always been a factor with me and my males have never been so correct. Dexi was measure at 66cm for his survey and and that height was lucky to get a class 1, his brother Simba was a tad taller. Jay was a very correct 64cm but produced Louis who was only 62cm and Arko who's oversized. (Louis was within the standard of 60 - 65cms but there's no doubts always appeared on the smaller side in his classes ... to be honest, with his charisma and ring presence I doubt it ever went against him) And then there was Kai ... Well what can I say? Oversized at 68cms and it did go against him in the ring, but I knew that when we bought him...and who cares he was awesome!

Maya
The girls here have always been within the size of 55-60cms, though Asha is 59.5cm and Jezi must be pretty close to that. (please god no taller!!!) Tali and Ziva are pretty similar in size being slightly shorter in length of leg, but I guess if I had the choice of the ideal size female it would be Maya.(Asha and Mikey's sister) To me she is the ideal correct medium size bitch, just that she is long coated. I love long coats and now they have more breed recognition in the show ring, the temptation to keep one is always there. But I'm far too lazy with a brush to do them justice. Having Finlay has only confirmed I'm not cut out to own a long coat and when the "I" litter eventually arrives I will be sensible ... well maybe!