Thursday 19 July 2012

Poorly Baby

I'm not quite sure what's going today. This morning Riley was 100% fighting fit but when I came home at lunch time I immedietly noticed something was wrong.  He usually greets me with loud enthusiasm and is desperate for his lunch! Today he stood silently on top of the cage and though he purred loudly he showed little interest in his meal.
Later I noticed he had had a very sloppy poo in his tray and now he's stopped playing and staying on his bed. I can't deny my concern. He's still very young and small and I know full well how vulnerable little ones can be. Sometimes it's hard to imagine how much a little one can mean after just 2 weeks of being in someones life, I love him so much already it's really quite unbelievable.
Anyway I'm hoping it's something and nothing and I will give his belly a rest from food for the rest of the day and see how he is in the morning.