Tuesday 3 July 2012

Meet Riley ..... "I'm Here ....

Riley
 ....but I'm not quite sure I like it!!!"
Following a trip to the vet today I'm delighted to hear that all the mother cats from the farm have been neutered, but it was mixed feelings to find out that there are another 3 kittens to collect from the farm this week. Still at least that's the end of the breeding there. I'm very relieved, but well aware it's not even the tip of the Iceberg!!!  I do hope the others are reasonably health. "Riley," though still skin and bone seems reasonably healthy give or take a little conjunctivitis. Fucithalmic and ampicilin at the ready!
Mr Riley
Finding a suitable name has been a right quandary, but there is a reason for this choice of name. Basically I've named him after one of my favourite cats of the last few years at the rescue centre. Mr Riley, as we called him was a huge grey and white cat that was bought in as a stray, but quickly re-homed. Because of his large than life personality he's one I'll never forget, he like many others has left a paw print on my heart.