Sunday 1 April 2012

Where Did "We" Go Wrong?

I remember so well agreeing to take you in in July 2007. I won't dwell on things from the past because it's been well documented here; but then for me life was hard and painful. You were without doubt the glimmer of sunshine that came into my life that year. You lifted my heart, you made me smile.We stayed close for years, I never thought it could change but without doubt over the last year we have drifted apart, I feel we are not that close now, are we? I've never treated you differently, I include you in everything, treat you as a "Blanik," even registered you as Blanik. I make sure you never miss out, hell you and Kiri even sleep in the bedroom with us.
So when did you stop loving me? Now more than ever I feel your distance. I try and stroke your head, you turn it the other way. I try and cuddle you, you walk away. I so need a hug right now, but your never there to comfort me, I'm so glad my other "boys" are always there for me. What did I do wrong by you?
Everyone admires you, you wag your tail at strangers and melt the heart of everyone you meet. Your great with the other dogs, and even reasonable with my cats now. Your obedient, funny on a walk and easy to live with in the home. Yet you give me no comfort or affection these days, can't you see how much it hurts me?  Am I trying too hard? You love Steve, no doubts about that, but me? I'm nothing to you these days.
I feed you, I walk you, I play with you ... but I have to go to work. Is it simply that I'm not there during the day with you now? Is that all it took for you to look the other way to find a new soul mate? That I know is not the normal characteristics of your breed.
For sure my "mate" has gone now and left me heartbroken, but I love you as I always have done. Please come back to me, show me something of what we use to have.....