Saturday 28 April 2012

Don't Tell Me What To Do ....


Ziva
Whilst I'm always willing to listen, open minded to advice and usually the first to ask a friends opinion; in my personal life I hate being told what to do. In my opinion it's not down to anyone other than my nearest and dearest to tell me what I "must do." By all means suggest and advice but I don't think anyone has the right to tell me how I should live my life, and the more people push the further I dig my heels in!! Steps down off soap box ....
The girls, yeah, that's what it's all about. Someone told me that I had no choice, I had to rehome one or even two of the girls, well I'm sorry that's my decision and the only other person who has any input on that subject is Steve. The other night after the latest fight I could have easily given both of the culprits away, but now things have settled and it's not that easy to think of giving them up. There's no doubt Jezi and Danni have issues and may well have to be permanently separated in the future. As I've always said, I will put them first, their future is far more important then my feelings, but I do have options. We do have kennels and could rotate and separate in the house as we do now with Kiri and have done for the last 13 years. It's not like it's something new to us, to us it's everyday life. It's whether this is the way we feel we should to go forward with Jezi and Danni... or not!

Danni
There's no doubt that Danni has bonded strongly with Steve and that Ziva is my baby, but my bond with Jezi has strengthen greatly over the last month or two. She was without doubt the trouble maker here, the outsider; but these days her and Ziva get on well it's just Danni that she has a problem with. Jezi is totally respectful of us and the adults and without doubt if she was the only pup their would never have been any issue. These days she's looking more like her mum and getting closer to us, just like Asha did as she grew up. (she was aloof as a youngster) To be fair the fights haven't all been her fault either, Danni is just as much to blame and Ziva is not faultless either, though she does tend to be oblivious to most of the tension.

Jezi
So what are we going to do? Hell I don't know. In a perfect world we'd tell them all to get on and carry on in bliss, but we all know in the real world it never works that way. Please don't think I'm being callous, I'm trying to be sensible and planning for the future; Kiri is 13 and that's a big age for a GSD. If we can cope for now then there will be the facility to keep them apart sooner or later.
The thought of having to give one up is heartbreaking, but no one here can carry on living like this indefinitely either. Because of the situation there's tension amongst the adults as well. Things don't have to change now, but we must see that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
The decision still isn't made but my hope is that they can all stay, that somehow it becomes workable for all to have the life they deserve. One thing is for sure if one does have to be rehomed then it can only be to a better home, someone who can give them more than we can!