Wednesday 11 April 2012

Another Spitting Image?

Nero
During the time Kai was ill I received a lovely e.mail and photos from a lady in Scotland ... With her permission I'd like to share them with you now ...  
"I found your website today whilst doing some searching for Nordau German Shepherds. We lost our 12 year old gsd Nero (Nordau Lowrie) at New Year and I was searching for details of Nordau to see if they were still breeding as we are keen to have another gsd puppy but would love to have another dog of similar lines. As soon as I looked on your website I found photos of Dexi who it turns out was Nero's dad and Kiri his half sister. I have attached a couple of pics of Nero. I know that everyone thinks their dog is wonderful, or magnificent but Nero was just that :-) and more. I can see that he got a lot of his looks from Dexi.
I would be really interested to know if you have any plans for breeding this year or if you could give me some information about Dexi's lines and how we could perhaps find a puppy with similar qualities. I hope to hear from you soon and loved looking at your dog."
Dexi
*****
2nd e.mail
"Thank you for replying so quickly. I've just looked at your photos of Louis and I see what you mean. One of the most difficult things in looking for another puppy is that Nero was my first gsd (although my husband has had them for about 20 years) so he is really my "ideal" of the breed and that just made it all the more lovely to look at some pictures of his very close relatives. It would be great if you could pass on Ron's details for me. We will certainly contact him as we look around for another puppy. We are in Scotland, just north of Arbroath and funnily enough my husband has a friend who breeds gsds Mandy McAteer (Hundark) who suggested Conbhairean as a kennel to look at too so I have been looking at their dogs."

Thank you again Wendy for getting in touch and sending me photos of Nero. I'm sorry it took me so long to get them on here. It's so wonderful to see them as I've seen very few of Dexi's progeny. I wish you luck in finding your new baby, please let me know how you get on ...