Friday 6 April 2012

Bad Danni

My Bandage Is Better Than Lexi's
As I sat here in my PJ's flicking through facebook this morning I could hear the girls playing around in the snow in the yard. The door was open, Steve was lighting the fire and Tali and Asha were on the sofa. I could still hear the girls but became suspicious when I hadn't seen them for a while. I went out to find Ziva and Jezi had climbed the wall and fence and were in Steve's garden. Danni? Where the bloody hell was Danni? We called and called, checked the fields, the front garden, the bathroom, (Tali was once locked in there as I spent ages looking for her on the mountain) No sign. The snow is knee deep on the track so I came back to change from my slippers into my boots to go up the mountain.(But still in my PJ's!!)  Steve went back into the bottom field, still no sign. By now my heart was racing, I was shaking, imagining all sorts and almost sick with worry. Steve managed to get over into the adjacent fields and found a trail of bloody footprints. He called and called and eventually she came, happy as Larry running playfully around the fields. I was quite a distance away but eventually I heard Steve's whistle and came home. (I had my mobile phone ... his was on the fish tank!!!) When I arrived back I didn't know whether to cuddle her or beat the shit out of her ... So I did neither.

Sweet and innocent ...NOT!!!
To be fair to the girls the drifted snow has given them a step into Steve's garden and with the weight of the snow the fencing had collapsed a little. But Danni had gone a step further and In her efforts to escape over the boundary wall she had managed to puncture the skin between her pads. It bled for ages in what seemed at the time like excessive quantities, it's a good thing Steve's first aid is better than mine. Now bandaged up and with an empty bread bag sellotaped around her foot Danni seems oblivious to "what could have been" and is totally unaware of the nasty gash on her foot .... and actually you can slide better in the snow with a bag on your foot!!!