Monday 9 February 2015

"She's Not Going To Norway!"

Well where do I start? At the beginning I guess!!!! lol
We arrived at the show yesterday to a crowded car park and found Linda had beaten us there. The venue was full to bursting but we were lucky to get ourselves a spot by the ring. GSD's were in after Terrier's and the Terrier group and with 26 Staffies alone we had a long morning ahead of us. But it was interesting to watch breeds that we would not normally see. (Especially the Staffs as I do love them!)
Our judge, who was also doing some of the terriers, was from Norway and I had checked him out on Facebook - isn't social media a  wonderful thing!!! He was mainly a GSD and Bulldog man and I liked the type of GSD being shown on his page. I decided to break my own rules and enter Nico at a leisure centre show. (Something I don't normally do because of the style of showing he has been trained for - pull out and go like the clappers doesn't work on a slippery floor!)
Sammi stood alone in Junior, but looked lovely handled by Mark. There was just one incident that worried me, as the judge took his hand down her tail, she flinched and moved sideways away. But Mark reset her and she settled! Of course I then realised what could have been the problem with her tail, I must stop Loki grabbing her tail in the field! As Mark was moving Sammi the judge told him to go faster - impossible in such a venue, but that meant he would surely like Nico?  I hadn't entered anyone in PG but I must admit his judging of the class was a mystery to me!
Nico looked stunning stood in his class, but as he moved them round he did indeed go off to the end of the lead at 100 miles an hour and slip and slide in all directions, but the judge simply allowed them to go round and round until the dogs tired a little and sorted out their pace - I'm glad Mark was handling! On the individual up and down Nico was equally atrocious but being a breed judge he was forgiving with the unsuitable conditions for showing a fast moving breed. Nico won open!
Now I had a dilema and had to make a quick decision, If I took Sammi in I would be behind Nico and he would be unsettled, if I took Nico I would be in front of Sammi causing her too to pull out and scrabble on the shiny floor. Also to be honest with the cold affecting my chest I was doubtful I could do either justice  (Or myself) so I asked another GSD exhibitor to take her in. Initially I regretted it, but they did settle and both dogs looked lovely.
The judge took a while but eventually gave Sammi BOB, he then called his friend it to take a photo of him with both dogs. I was so chuffed, honestly very proud! Now this is where it gets interesting. I saw the judge ask Mark who was the owner and Mark pointed over to me. I cuddled both dogs and was giving them a drink when the judge's friend came over and he asked "Joel is asking what is the breeding of your dogs?" I wrote it down for him and he gave me his facebook details so he could share the photos he had taken with me. He walked away to return minutes later "Joel is asking would you sell him the bitch?" OMFG " Not for all the tea in China" was my reply ... but what a bloody complement! I was so taken aback!
Sammi made it a very special day, under a different judge, and at just over 13 months old she managed a group 2 in an adult pastoral group. So Proud. As the group went into the ring breed judge Joel Waeles came to watch. As Sammi was pulled out into group two he cheered and clapped loudly, again I was gleaming with pride! He then came over congratulated me and asked if he could have another photo with her and her group win. Of course I was proud to oblige. As we walked out he said "She's beautiful, beautiful, beautiful and coming to Norway!" I replied ... only If I can come too!!!