Tuesday 10 February 2015

A Lovely Evening

I'm still feeling under the weather and last night I could have just curled up by the fire, watched TV and slept ... but when the text came from Tish I knew I needed to pull my finger out and get Loki to Ring Craft. As soon as he met up with Noya (his very best friend) in the village I knew we where in for an interesting evening. I'm glad they travel in separate crates or they'd be play fighting all the way there! I guess friendships made as tiny pups can last a life time!
The tiny hall was packed out with Akita to French Bulldogs to Great Dane (Charley - another of his sparring partners) but Loki was over the moon to be in such company, and I guess after Sunday anything now will seem easy for him! Loki is such a happy puppy, full of fun, a true pleasure to be with...as long as he has a seat! Actually he didn't spend a long time on it last night, the temptation of playing with Noya and Charley on the floor was just too much!
Little Legs (which is a name I will no longer be able to use very shortly - he's now almost as tall as Ziva and Tali)  did almost everything I asked of him, showing his teeth will need work, but I'm not pushing it now as his mouth is sore. He stood and moved beautiful, so much so that several people made comments. Even another GSD exhibitor at the club commented on how lovely he looked in stance! Yeah, though you do see things yourself it really is nice when people take the time to make positive comment.
Correct bite/teeth permitted I can't wait to get Loki in the ring. It may be difficult to start with as he may have to be in the same class as Sammi, unless I move her up to adult classes. A big jump for her as she will only be 15 months when he hits the show ring, but with her recent record, one I think she is capable of taking.
Sammi is currently at a bit of a delicate stage after her season. Today is 9 weeks after day 12 of her season. today she would be giving birth. True to form she has left her breakfast and given the opportunity  she would be digging up the cushions. Luckily she's easily distracted and Loki is encouraging her to play. I 'm sure in a couple of days her hormone level will settle and she'll have forgotton about the puppies that will not come!  Seriously these two are so good for each other and it does give Ziva a bit of peace!