Saturday 19 July 2014

Stud Enquiries

Yesterday morning I had a stud enquiry for Nico, it came via a friend and was for a health tested bitch, I was initially interested, but then I was informed the bitch was white. I said, sorry but no, it goes against my principals! I'm not a hypocrite, Finlay is a rescue dog, colour doesn't come into it where rescue is concerned; but I totally appose to breeding from Non Standard coloured animals.
Later in the day I had another enquiry via text. My answer was honest and simple, Nico is available at stud to health tested, standard coloured bitches who are sound in mind and body. The reply was rather strange ... "LOL ...Would you like to ask me anything?" I said, "No, should you consider using him then I would need to speak to you." It went silent.
Then this morning I had another text, could I send her a photo of Nico, I told her to look online but I also sent her a photo of him piss wet through on his walk. The reply was "He's lush, and is he proven?" I said yes and asked for the registered name of the bitch. When she told me the name I immediately recognised the affix as it's from a well respected Scottish kennel. I told her I knew "Jim" the breeder and she replied, yes "Jim from Edinburgh." I didn't question it, I wouldn't know, but I decided to check out the bitch, her breeding and her health tests on MYKC. Guess what? The bitch doesn't exist! I contacted the breeder, Jim ... not from Edinburgh but from Dalkeith, and he informed me that she has been looking for a stud dog for this imaginary bitch for years. He has never sold her a dog ... and yes the KC are right .. this bitch does not exist!
Jim informs me that the lady is manic depressive and I'm not the only one she has contacted ... apparently it went on for months last time. Kind of sad really!