Friday 11 July 2014

My Runaway Angel


Hopefully It's just a phase she's going through ... frustrating and annoying, but just a phase!
Today I could feel myself getting wound up, I get a little panicy as she goes further afield. It's just the danger for her isn't it. 
Sammi had just been out with her gang, they all came in, she didn't!  If she went down the track she'd get to the road, and though it's a quiet road the wagons go up and down to the quarry these days... up hill and there are sheep, other dog walkers etc. Either way I was not impressed and as she went down the track my heart sank, but I knew chasing her would get me nowhere fast. This has been going on for about a month now so I've learned her pattern. I put the other 4 in the house and got Nico out, I could see her on the track watching me, so Nico and I went up the mountain. She followed, as I hoped she would, but could I get near her, could I f**k! 
I did everything I tell others to do, and more, but she wouldn't come near me. Even when I sat with Nico on my lap feeding him liver she stayed away. I'm really at a loss, her recall is great till we get home, then she just switches off. I can't use a long line on my walk as I take 5 dogs, I fear it would be dangerous and the terrain is not suitable/safe for it really. I don't want to walk her on the lead, that's not my style and I'm not leaving her behind so I need a plan of action ... watch this space!!!