Tuesday 22 July 2014

Oswestry Show

Well what a day. We followed the Sat Nav along the A55 (had honestly not considered that route originally) and got there in great time. Ok so we did end up on a very posh estate, but only a stones throw from the venue. I hadn't been there in years, last time I had Blade, but it hadn't changed at all.
We parked up, went for a wee before getting our lunch and then sat in the van with the dogs to have something to eat. I then took Sammi for a 10 min walk, went back to the van and took Mikey for a walk. Leaving the dogs in the cool van (Doors open) Lin and I went to sit by the ring. Within 5 mins there was a call from the secretary to say there was a complaint that my dogs were barking. I stood up and pointed to the van ... it was silent in there ... so she said but there has been a complaint that they are barking when people passed. I ask you! I refuse to bring them out into the intense heat and opted to sit with them instead. What is wrong with people? They are complaining that a dog is barking at a dog show? I just don't get it! We sat with them for about an hour before some space was cleared in the shade. I then took both down and plonked my bum on the grass in the cool with them. Going to the loo was fun, we had to take Mark to hold the dogs outside as there was no way I could risk leave them in the van again. (Well when I say "them" we do know who barks don't we Mikey!)
Our classes were suppose to start at 12.30pm, I think we got in the ring at 3pm ... There were no GSD breed classes so  Sammi was entered in Not Separately Classified Pastoral Puppy: she was second of 2, but didn't put a foot wrong and the class winner went on to win the puppy group. There was then NSC junior and PG before Mikey was in in NSC Open. With 6 in his class I was delighted that he won it and then went on to win Best NSC out of the 4 classes. The judge was clearly unaffected and amused by the complaint as she made quite a witty remark about it! Mikey was then qualified to challenge for the pastoral group .. he won that too! So by winning this group, the noisy German Shepherd beat you all didn't he ... now stick your complaint where the sun don't shine!!!!!