Friday 13 June 2014

Without You.

Louis and a baby Jamie
It has suddenly dawned on me that I don't know how to go about introducing Junior to the dogs. Of course they've seen each other, but one or the other has been in a crate. It all use to be so easy, but then I had Louis! He was as close as any animal can get to 100% trustworthy in all situations, and he adored kittens! He was kind, patient, didn't get over excited and was tolerant of little nails and teeth. Mikey and Nico I worry would both be a tad OTT and clumsy, Tali has proved herself to be less tolerant with age. Ziva, Jezi and Sammi? No, for lots of reasons No! Finlay, not sure, he was unsafe with cats when he first arrived here, but though he's settled well he has no "relationship" with the cats at all, they are just there. That just leaves our Asha ... I guess it will be her!
Louis and Riley
My concern is only whilst he's so little, the dogs live with cats so that's no problem. But at the moment he's a fast moving, cocky little spitting monster. Steve is concerned about his size, in his mind he's much smaller, or younger than he should be. Bless him he worries about me and doesn't want me to go through the devastation of loss again ... I'm not afraid to admit loosing Riley so young was utterly heartbreaking and I couldn't bear to go through it again, but sadly with any living creature that's the chance we take! I will always remember Riley and though I was blessed to have him in my life my memories will always be tainted with the sadness of loosing him at such a young age. So now let's not dwell on the past, I have 8 wonderful dogs, 5 lovely cats (well 4 and a Tia .. lol... don't mean it witch poo cat!) and now a little kitten called Junior has joined the mad house...
..onward and upwards ....so to speak!