Sunday 12 January 2014

Yesterday It Really Did Slip My Mind

Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing? I'd been happily distracted by these puppies and found no place in my heart for sadness. Of course I remembered in the week and had dreaded the day ... but on the day other things had kept me focused and indeed busy. Unfortunately for me it was as I was getting myself organised for bed that I glanced at the calendar and saw the date. My heart sank as I realised that a year ago,  probably to the hour we were on our way back from the vets, distraught at the loss of the little man.
RIP little Riley ...I think of you often, it doesn't take a day or a date to bring you to mind. I swear you will never be forgotten, you gave so much in such  little time. Loosing at an time is heartbreaking, to loose you so young was devastating....