Sunday 26 January 2014

I Guess It Was All Going Too Well...

....but today poor baby Ziva fell ill. She was fine on her walk between 2 and 3pm and then seemed OK as she just lay around the house after her walk. But around 4.15pm she went and stood by the door and started to shake. I was immediately suspicious, when you live with them you just know don't you. I took her temperature and found it a little high. Alarm bells started to ring, I'd been here before in 2000 with Seffe, so I rang the vet and told him of my suspicions and he agreed I should take her straight over. By the time we got there she was very lethargic and had started vomiting. Poor Ziva she got so ill so quickly.
As I had thought the vet diagnosed Mastitis, he gave her antibiotics and diuretic injections as well as a glucose and calcium injection into the vein. She was so flat she just lay on the table allowing the vet to just get on with it .... bless her she's easy at the best of times, but there was no resistance in her at all.
Thankfully as quickly as it came on, she improved. But following vets instructions it will be hard to keep her away from her beloved pups for 2 -3 days! I can see it being a very restless stressful night.

Update - Ziva just tried to steal my cake! But the vet said a light meal at bed time .. cake was never on the menu!!