Sunday 3 March 2013

Black Smoke Cat

It's been three weeks now since the beautiful Isla joined our home. She's settled in a treat and yesterday went outside for the first time. Though I was supervising she still gave me a heart attack by bolting and going under the shed. It took me about an hour to coax her out, not helped I hasten to add by the nosey duo of Oliver and Jamie.
Isla is a very sweet cat, quite the cuddle bum really. I worry about her over confidence with dogs and do hope she will see fear in dogs outside her home. I've already lost one cat in those circumstances. Gail was Abi's sister, she was the sweetest and kindest of the two sisters. She saw no fear in dogs and cuddled up with mine on the sofa. Sadly it was her down fall, she was killed by a Staffie cross not far from home.
Isla is very disinterested in the other cats and has made no effort to interact with any of them. She grumbles and hisses at them quite a lot, but I do think she prefers them to ignore her than anything. I think she prefers the company of humans and dogs to that of her own kind. She certainly is affectionate and sweet with us, and with the dogs.
She must be 6 months old by now, so neutering will be the next step .... sooner rather than later... the date is set!