Wednesday 1 August 2012

No Spark

Louis having a bad day. We woke up to a big mess this morning and naturally he refused to eat. His lack of appetite doesn't worry me, but his lack of "Spark" does. As I've said, give or take the odd day, throughout his illness Louis has never seemed to feel ill. But we have been here before so I'm hopefully it's just a blip! Steve and I are finding it hard to give him his Vitamin B12 injections, he now starts to scream when he sees the needle approaching. Last night we failed, but luckily managed this morning as I cuddled him on the sofa and Steve came aroud behind him. We have been told that it does sting but his lack of covering/muscle makes it a more delicate job for Steve as he just can't get hold of enough skin. I'm not volunteering to do it, I'm happier holding Louis!
To be honest I had already made a vet's appointment for him. Louis doesn't do anything in slow pace, he runs everywhere, but he has recently started slipping and falling over a lot. I had been suspicious that he was in the early stages of CDRM, but now I'm not too sure. Though I have see him get his back legs crossed he seems to have a general lack of control and the nails on his back feet are fine. Anyway all in all I think it's time he sees Gill Hubbard again so we are going on Friday afternoon for more help and advice on how to best deal with Louis' condition/s!