Friday 10 August 2012

"But I have a question ... A Big Fucking Question!"

 To start .... Excuse the profanities, but this lyric out of George's single "True Faith" seemed rather apt!!!
My lovely "Oldies!"
Hope you don't mind, I need to bounce some thoughts about and with one persons brain thoroughly picked, my blog is now as good a place as any!
I hope you understand I'm being sensible not callous, Kiri is over 13 and a half and now and in her twilight years. Louis' been ill for 18 months and now and down to 25kg. He's had every test and treatment they can think of but nothing changes. The only good thing is that mostly he's still seems oblivious to his illness and bounces around like a loony. But seriously, I'm not blinkered I'll be lucky if they both see Xmas. Don't get me wrong I'm not crying in a corner, or wallowing in self pity, I've learnt the hard way to enjoy every moment with them. Though obviously it wouldn't be inhuman of me to admit that I fear what is ahead.
Asha, Ziva, Tali, Jezi and Mikey in the front
I love my "H" litter girls and will do health tests on both shortly. I think Jezi has the better character for the breed, but its six of one and half dozen of the other on conformation and Ziva is by far the better mover. She is also more affectionate, but I fear not as clever as Jezi. But I still think their mum Asha is a better example of the breed than them. I think she's the best bitch that's been at Blanik since Nikki. If you remember Asha had to have a cesarean a year ago and I'm bothered about mating her again as I'm not sure of the risks? Because of the situation at home I can't travel far to use a stud dog. I do like a dog owned by a friend very much, but then I've read some strange comments on PDB (A international dog forum) regarding the ethics of his breeder. Malicious gossip and jealousy? I don't know, but is it a risk worth taking?
Who's this guy anyway?
Then there's Mikey, he looks great. I'd love a puppy out of him, but no one has used him...basically there's no one in this area to use him, and I have his mum, his sister and his nieces! So I started thinking, shall I get a bitch in and hope to mate her to Mikey in the future? I know of two lovely bitches for sale at the moment, but with three oldies here and all the dogs living in the cottage I doubt it's the right time just yet. And bringing a bitch into a pack can be a nightmare!
Kai
Sorry, no, I haven't quite finished! My heart starts racing because someone reputal also has a puppy dog for sale, a pick of litter male that she can't keep ..... But I had hoped when the time was right to have a young male or a puppy from Kai's breeder. Kai was special, I'll never replace him but when you've had something so special it only makes sense to go back to the same kennel. Doesn't it?
I'm not in a postion to do anything just yet, but I am thinking about it. Maybe thinking of the future and the "positive" is helping me face the sadness that is ahead and helping me keep my spirits up during what is without doubt an emotional time in my life.
 Of course it has to be one of the options ... an adult bitch, an adult dog, mating Asha or a male puppy.
Oh God What the F**k am I going to do? ... Sit down and get a plan of action!!!
Watch this space!!!