Wednesday 29 August 2012

"H" Girls

Ziva - in full bloom
After a successful week of showing I started thinking about the girls and how different they have become. Ziva still looks so immature in comparison to Jezi, she really is slower maturing, to be honest it seems she's behind all her sisters. From what I know the others all came in season before or around 8 months of age ... but Ziva kept us waiting till she was 11 months to come in season. Most of the other girls are going through, or indeed have been through that drastic junior malt when all the puppy coat is chucked out ... but not Ziva. Whilst Jezi has been looking like an RSPCA case, skinny, no coat and all head with no body, Ziva is still in full bloom. I guess she has it all to come!  Just goes to show how different they can all be in a litter! 
A Naked Jezi about to be assessed by the judge

Jezi has changed so much it's unbelievable, from an unpredictable difficult young lady with a worried expression she has become the class clown. It's just so nice to see the spark of fun and mischief in her eye. No longer do we see evil "Jezi" though I'm not naive enough to believe that in the wrong circumstances she could easily be revived! As regards to show potential I still believe Ziva to be the better bitch, though I totally understand why some people prefer Jezi. Seeing Jezi being stood by Paula at the local shows has shown me that I do have two lovely looking bitches. Both have their faults ... but for me I just can't get past Jezi's straight front! Of course the best show bitch is not always the best brood bitch and a lot of thought and consideration will have to go into the next generation of "Blaniks."