Tuesday 14 September 2010

Heaven Help Me...

...though maybe Belief is the death of intelligence


George Michael appeared at court for sentencing and was jailed on Tuesday September the 14th 2010:-
Michael sighed as District Judge John Perkins sentenced him.
He was told he would serve four weeks in prison and spend the remainder on licence.
Michael was also banned from driving for five years and was ordered to pay a £1,250 fine, £100 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.

*****

District Judge John Perkins told the singer he had taken a "dangerous and unpredictable mix" of prescription drugs and marijuana.
"It does not appear that you took proper steps to deal with what is clearly an addiction to cannabis," the judge said. "That's a mistake which puts you and, on this occasion, the public at risk."
Michael's lawyer, Mukul Chawla, said the singer felt "profound shame and horror" at his actions.
"It is no exaggeration to describe him as a very kind, considerate and loyal man, constantly concerned for the plight of others," Chawla said.
"The prospect he could have put anyone else in danger is an appalling prospect to him."
"The judge said he was sending Michael to jail "with regret," and had taken into account his guilty plea and the fact that after the crash he had checked into a clinic to seek help for anxiety, depression and insomnia.
But he said Michael's previous conviction made a prison sentence inevitable.
Michael sighed as sentence was passed. His long-term partner Kenny Goss at one point buried his head in his hands."

*****

Well I guess I'm gonna find out who my real friends are now.
Those who gloat, laugh and make jokes.....They will be the first to show their true colours and show a lack of understanding of my feeling. Yeah, like I said last month, I guess I'll be the butt of the joke again. I can hear them now, and I guess I know who to expect it from. They are not my true friends, I know they'll know better and care for my feelings! This is not rose tinted glasses, for once I've taken them off, momentarily anyway. I honestly don't think he deserves this, a fine- Yes, Loss of License-yes, community services - yes. Rehab (which he had already started anyway)-yes....but not this! The justice system is a joke in my opinion. This will not help a man who has already taken a huge step to go to rehab, and this will only hamper things. This judge has given out a sentence that could have been suspended instead while forcing him to go for more rehab etc etc. These short sentences are frouned upon a lawyer has said on the news today due to not having any purpose in helping people in this situation back to health, infact he also said George will be even closer to drugs inside!!!!!!!!
For god sake the man has admitted that he has a problem, he needs help not punishment
Today I'll do my crying, tomorrow I'll be stronger!