Tuesday 18 April 2023

People Are People

Lovely Isla is doing well and enjoying going out and about with Linda. She really does look like a young Sammi here. I had to giggle as the green-eyed monster commented on her photo on Facebook, I guess she hasn't realised who she is yet! 
I'm seething at the gossip regarding her return, or foster as the case could be. The ideal scenario is for things to settle with her family and for Isla to go back home. People can be so judgmental, all I can say is for the grace of god go I! (no I haven't seen the light, but it explains exactly what I mean) People in crisis need support and friendship, not gossip and judgement, and as I've said to the people fishing, sling your hook elsewhere - it's not my tale to tell. 
In between the breed judging and the veteran classes on Saturday we sat chatting about GSD folk. I was sad to hear that John had died and we talked a little about him, as I have done since with Katrina. He was such a great handler, but the demon drink sadly took its toll very early on in his life. As we chatted we were very honest about each other, I told Ian that I felt I could be totally straight with him without considering how I worded the sentence, but with others I would use much more tact. Jackie asked how I would be with her, like me she is a little sensitive so I would always consider my words and not just spout them out. We talked about others, one who winds me up but I can't help but care for her, and then of course the conversation went on to the green-eyed monster. I said that I could never understand how that incident had caused so much hurt and hatred, and that she is the only person that has caused me this kind of heartache. Truth is we were friends, I thought a lot of her, but she made a mistake and blamed me for it. I was oblivious to any ill will in recent times before this. "Well" said one of the group, "I'm sorry you are wrong, she has hated you for a long time and that incident was just her excuse to try and push you out of the group." "But what did I do to deserve that?" I asked.
"Well because Loki and Sammi kept winning, and you had other dogs in other classes who kept winning and she couldn't get hers to show." I was gobsmacked, but she continued, "and Ross, well she absolutely hated Ross and I mean HATED him." You see I'd been oblivious to most of this, but obviously I was aware of her dislike of Ross, it was her who called him "loud and annoying,"  and once said he would shut the feck up if she got hold of him. Oh hell Ross can be loud but he's an adorable idiot, a fool, and for the life of me I can never understand how anyone can hate him. 
I have often wondered how a mistake made by someone could have been my fault? I have wondered why a friendship could have fallen apart over something that I didn't do? Honestly I have spent hours thinking about it, dwelling over it, even crying over it, and wondering how it all went so wrong? Well now I know that there was nothing I could do to change the situation, it simply was down to jealousy, and actually I'm pleased that I know that I did nothing wrong. Thankfully for me the plan backfired and everyone who matters sees it as it is,  I'm still very much part of the group. Yeah, you know what after all this time I feel I actually have some closure.