Friday 21 April 2023

It Doesn't Get Better



Steve had been in horrendous pain over the weekend and I persuaded him to go the Doctors on Tuesday. After an examination, the doctor assured us it was in his opinion only sciatica. As painful as that may be we were glad of the news as we were concerned it was to do with his spine problems.
On Wednesday afternoon friends came up to help make the fencing around the caravan safe for Isla when she came home. I picked up a roll of fencing in Wynnstay and whilst Darryl and Ian did the hard work, Bethan and I attached the old fencing to the new fencing. A very tidy job indeed!
On Thursday I went shopping and took mum to meet the bus for Pwllheli. Though she drives she likes to go on the bus to visit my dad's sister, and she gets the train back. Having done what I needed to do I arrived home and started bring the shopping in, though I asked Steve not to help he decided he should. I was just coming out when I heard a thump and he had gone down and was on his side in the yard. Only Loki was out and I took him. I went to get Steve stick and a foot stool for him to try and get himself up and then realised the Yodel delivery man was at the top gate with 25kg of Bonios and 48 cans of Whiskas. Oh God, what to do? I told Steve to try and sit up at least whilst I went to the top gate to sort out the delivery ... when I got back we slowly managed to get him back to his feet. Last night and this morning he was understandably in agony.
This morning after walking the dogs I went to get my prescription. I got back to the van and saw a pool underneath it. Hmmm, was that there before? I drove home, the van felt fine and no light came on, but when I got home I realise that the oil was coming out underneath the van. I knew exactly what had happened, the track up to the mountain has been made so much worse by the quarry worker's attempt to make it better. I have no doubts that I've hit one of the rocks they've left dangerously sticking up on the track. It really is the worst job I've ever seen up here, it was far safer to go round the potholes than to go up and down this track now. I really pity the people who have to drive it to get to Ffarm Yard ... Oh they've changed the name of the cottage now to Bryn Derwen - Hmmm, not sure I like that, it's the name of the derelict cottage beneath it .. anyway I've digressed. On arriving home, I came in to tell Steve about the oil and I immediately saw the blood on his arm ...yes he'd fallen again, this time in the cottage, but thankfully he'd only gone down on his knees. Honestly, I'm at a loss as to what to do next, I've tod him from now on I'll have to lock him in the bedroom when I go out!!! lol
The van is now off the road and will have to be picked up and taken to the garage on Monday .. happy days, and trust me there is no good news to come re Siska so it's back to the drawing board there too!