Sunday 30 April 2023

A RCC For Siska Stanley

Well, where do I start? She is only the second bitch that I've bred that has had a RCC, though Nikki my foundation bitch for the Blanik line also won a RCC. At a Championship show the top winning of each sex get a Challenge Certificate (CC) - a dog needs three CC to become a champion. This is the KC's description of  Reserve Challenge Certificate - "All unbeaten winning dogs then challenge for this award. This certificate states that the dog given this award is worthy of being awarded the CC should the certificate winner be disqualified. "
The judging of dogs had been pretty poor but I could make more sense of the 5 classes of females who had been in before Siska's class. Again I judged Siska's class from the sideline and my honest opinion was that she should be in the top three, but not necessarily the first. But after I heard a remark from Mr Grumpy from South Wales that there was only one decent bitch in the class, well I was more hopeful of beating his female, and she did! WTG Siska! 
As ever Siska looked amazing in stance, an almost perfect picture, but though she has a far-reaching gait she does lack drive and has a tendency to run down hill. (I mean her arse is higher than her wither on the move) This judge did not want the dogs moving quickly so it was possibly suitable for Siska and she did have a tendency to judge them in stance rather than on the move. I was over the moon that she won PGB but did not expect any more. 
The judge took longer over the challenge than she did over the classes. Whilst I agree these decisions are important, come on it really doesn't take that long? The bitches were getting bored and restless - we almost took Siska's chair in for her! Haha I have to admit I think the decision for the bitch CC was very much the right one, the second in open was the called in and I fully expected Ch Rowanda to get the RCC. Again another long-drawn-out decision with Siska ears going down like a bikes handlebars ... She moved the class again, and then they were stood again for an age ... she walked up and down the line over and over ... OMG she gave it to Siska. OMG Siska got the RCC. I was shocked, gobsmacked. Things like this don't happen to the likes of me often, well done baby cakes!
I have to admit it ended as it had began, Blanik Liska owned by Carol Spelman was written on her certificate, I returned it and had it rewritten - Blanik Liszka is proudly owned and was bred by Rhian Stanley