Friday 7 April 2023

Isla

 A phone call yesterday left me unable to sleep last night. Through no fault of her own we may have to have one of Orin's sisters back, or preferably find her a temporary foster home as a base to try and rehome her. It's not my place to explain or judge the circumstances, just that the family are going through a horrendous time and to make sure everyone knows that Isla is a victim of circumstances, she has done absolutely nothing wrong. 
I've spent a lot of yesterday trying to consider all options, and bringing her back right now really would be so very difficult, but of course not impossible. We all agree that she can't end up in rescue, as she is my responsibility if nothing can be found then somehow we'll have to deal with it and manage. Maybe she could double up with Zeus? My main concern is my cats, I know she had no experience of cats since leaving here, but Jamie is always the worry. Obviously another huge concern is Siska, it's too early to tell if she is pregnant and though I can't get optimistic about it I have to consider it.
I guess ideally, a foster home on her own or with a male dog would work, though Isla currently lives with a bitch, as is often the case, she is not comfortable around other female dog. Honestly, my head is in a whirl with worry and concern for her and for her owner, who is a very special friend going through a very bad time.