Sunday 30 April 2023

Let's Not Talk About Siska ...

... She deserves a post all to herself.
 You'll often hear me moan about poor or odd judging, inconsistent judging and judging that we just can't follow. I guess most people think this is sour grapes when we haven't won, honest it isn't. Yesterday I saw the oddest of GSD judging, somehow the judging of females was more consistent but I still don't think I could follow her plan.
We stood by the ring and watched an earlier dog class, now you judge and place these dogs in the class in your mind, and yesterday I had a valid reason for my decision ... the judge didn't agree and I didn't get it! When Orin's class went in I was honestly confident, if not cocky that we only had one dog to consider as competition - the judge seem to spend hours judging the 4 dogs in the ring, but Orin continued to stand looking proud and beautiful. She placed him last .. WTF .. you laugh or you cry, I laughed and walked away. If only I'd had the guts to walk over and simply ask why? But hell it's the game we play and I know that under most judges Orin would have walked it! 
Judge for yourself! (Orin is with Aime in the second position) 
Kaiah was in open bitch, the top winning class for bitches. She was in with 2 British champions, 2 bitches with tickets and a foreign champion, I expected nothing, and she was initially pulled out into 5th - but as the class progressed she ended up a very respectful third behind the 2 British champions. Well done Kaiah - so unexpected but she really held her own in excellent company.