Thursday 27 January 2022

This Virus

One of my friends dogs, who was at the show with us, has been ill since first thing Tuesday morning. He has sickness and diarrhoea. His owner say that in all her years of owning dogs she has never seen the likes. Unfortunately, another of her dogs now has it too. It's hard to tell whether this dog carried it from the show or had picked it up out and about in the days previous to the show. So far, none of the other GSD from our gang is ill, but what is the incubation period for such a virus? I suppose it could go from a couple of days to a week or so? I'm not sure. I know the virus is prevalent in the area and sadly a dog in Waunfawr has died with it this week, both young dogs in the household had it and the other full recovered. 
My gut feeling would be that my friends dogs picked this up before the show and not at the show .. but the fact remains that my dogs, particularly Siska was in his company. So far these are fine, I guess it'll be the weekend before I full relax about it.