Sunday 16 January 2022

Siska And Zeus

I told Bethan not to bother with photos of Siska yesterday. I was really pleased with what we got last time and felt other people were waiting for photos. But I do love this of her and Callan. Siska was lame on her front left yesterday, as usually I panic and think OMG her elbow, as I do. Anyway, logic takes over, hopefully when Orin put her in her place the other day he pushed into her a little hard. Well, there is about 12kg difference between them! 
The point of the blog is to tell it as it is, no point in
lying or hiding things. Everyone knows the Zeus saga, he's been here 9 months now and as I've said he's been a pleasure and a privilege. To quote my grandfather, yesterday Zeus really shit in the parlour ... so to speak! He was lying on top of a crate, that we don't mind, but Steve called him into the kitchen. He ignored him, Steve called him again. I've said before that Zeus' non-existent recall is the only frustrating thing about him. Anyway I was in the room and got hold of Zeus by the collar to pull him off, he growled at me, I mean really growled. Like I've said before, instinct has to take over, if you step back or have to think what to do it's too late. I dragged him off the cage and with a boot under his bum I sent him packing into the kitchen. Call my a dinosaur with my training methods if you like but in my opinion I had to deal with what confronted me and running to get a clicker would be as useless as a chocolate fireguard. Dogs must learn that there are consequences to these actions, no one speaks to me like that in this house! Nine months and nothing, so why now? I have no answers, but now maybe I am glad he's here, if any other issues do emerge then hopefully we can deal with them!