Monday 10 January 2022

Changes And Worming

 Steve says I watch these dogs too much, he says that I don't miss a thing. Surely that is what it's about? That's why I know Loki had no mobility or behavioural changes and that the onset of his condition was instantaneous. I don't miss things, I can't afford to miss things! Siska has a sore lip, I'm not concerned, but I noticed it days ago .. he saw it yesterday, hmm. Last night, Steve also noticed that Jezi was the last to finish her meal, even when she had started before the others came in. I had noticed over the last week that Jezi hasn't been starting her meals instantly, she hesitates, thinks about it, then eats it. It's such a small change, but it is a change in behaviour that needs to be noted.
I've ordered the first worming dose for the year from Animed.. it came to just under £90. Panacur liquid for the dogs and drontal tablets for the cats and Ross. I've given up on trying to get panacur liquid into Ross, if I put it in his food he won't eat it, if I try and put it down his throat I end up wearing it. For the others I buy large tins of butchers tripe and mix the panacur into that and add to the dogs dinners, it usually works. I use a pill popper for the cats and generally only need help with Perry! Buying from Animed is cheaper than from the vets or from Idris Morris but I get to use the reputable brands that I'm comfortable with. Supermarket products really are a danger and should be taken off the shelves. I don't like spot on products either, but will use them if I have to for fleas, and then I'll only use certain products with a years of service so to speak. (Like Advocate) Luckily it's been years since we had fleas here. Spraying the house and van with "Stay kill" 2 - 3 times a year seems to be working, though it's not idea to use chemicals at least it's not going directly onto my dogs!
I have to add that I'm not keen on the above photo .. only one reason ... Nico looks so old in it, and yes I have observed a change in his eye colour recently - sadly as the oldest member of the Blaniks it's only to be expected!