Wednesday 12 January 2022

Not Happy Walks



All I wanted was to give them all a good time, just a lovely walk for all, but I was so stressed that I was in tears by the end of it. The pleasure is fast being taken out of the walks. I guess being dragged around on that retractable lead really sets things up badly for the other walks. There really is no fun for me on the first walk these days, but do it I must. The second walk is spent fearing that Ross will knock me or Loki over and with failing health around me, if I break something then there's no one else to care for them. Like I said to Steve if Zeus doesn't kill me then Ross will! Ziva constantly eats, mud, crap, grass, there's never any photos of her having fun because she's always miles behind with a mouth full of mud!
Orin is mostly good, but today he had it on him because I opened the wrong door in the van, so he wouldn't get in. My own fault in the first place, they all have a "place" a crate . but with Loki not there on that walk these days I thought I could mix and match. No said O, if I can't go in my side I'll go in the field! In the end I had to go and get him, he's lucky my neighbour was outside, or I'd have kicked his butt into the office! Anyway, the walk went well really, but Orin really had a go at Siska, did she deserve it? Yes. Did I interfere, No! I think Siska's puppy privileges are running out and as I've said only Orin seems to be able to put her in her place. There was a lot of noise and flashing of teeth but I doubt any contact, but he wouldn't let up until she backed down. Well done Orin. 
I have to admit that today I'm feeling deflated and defeated, we simply have too many dogs for me to give them my all. I really should have stuck to my guns and found the right home for Zeus, someone really could have given him more. But it is what it is, I let my heart rule my head and the clown joined the party. Now they are here I have a responsibility to do the best I can by them all .. though today it's left me in tears and tatters.