Friday 14 January 2022

Darlington Critiques

Due to the sunlight the photos on the day were poor, but I've tried to include at least one on the day in every collage

"1st Junior - Blanik Kyriacos, 18 months old good for type and overall size. Good head to handle, strong jawline and correct dentition. Ears set on and used well. I would prefer a better eye. Ample length of neck into clean forehand. Deep chest, firm topline that he holds at all times. Moderate body covering. Sound on the move and clean footfall." 
Now I can not dispute the eye colour, and on that day - well the sun sure didn't help! What I'm not sure about is the "moderate covering" comment, does he think he needs more weight on? I'm not sure, especially as mostly I'm told to watch the troops as they are a little heavy for most judges. Anyway, otherwise a fair critique.  
 "1st MPB - Blanik Liszka, Well made 8 months old that has the makings of a good dog when she matures on. Head is breaking well for her age and size, correct mouth and pigment all through. Moderate angulation from and rear. At times she tends to stand slightly 10 - 2 but with age and more spring of ribbing this should right itself. When she settled she showed signs of what she can do on the move. She just needs time and maturity." 
Again another pretty decent critique, but 10 to 2 feet?  Hell no! Well, I've never noticed anyway. When I said her feet were not her fortune the other day that was not what I meant.  I've used a straight on photo just to add to my case. To be fair the show was months ago though, so maybe on the day? Of course Sarah was on the end of the lead and she's not a novice handler, had she noticed she would have corrected it. Ah well the jury is out on this one, but there's only one with 10-2 feet here and that's the hairy one.
"1st MPD  - Blanik Lancelot, 8 month old headed this class by being the more together on the move and ring ready. Head is breaking well for his age with full dentition and correct bite. Ears set on and used well when alerted. Moderate front assembly with matching quarters. Enough in ribbing again for age. Needs time to body and tone up. Clean moving."
A nice critique for young Callan too, in my opinion he was the easy winner of the class. No rose-tinted glass, honest, I'm more judgmental of my own than I am of others.