Saturday 9 July 2016

Welcome Home

As we traveled home from the hospital I wondered how it would be best to greet the canine "Blaniks!" I decided to ask Steve to put everyone in their beds and I would let them out, rather than for me to walk into the groups of excited dogs. With a carefully placed cushion it actually went quite well. If I'd been asked to bet on who was more excited to see me I'd have definitely got the top three. Though to be honest the top 4 where pretty equally, I guess Nico just taking top prize over Ziva, Loki and Sammi. (in no particular order) The other 4 Black & Tans where equally pleased to see me but as is there nature a little more composed in their greeting!
Jamie cat  was already in the living room when I got home and he nudged at my legs, and little Junior, as ever was adorable!
Though the seconds morning's greeting was a little OTT, I guess they have settled back quickly into normality, unlike last time when it took them days, well I had been away for 16 days. My groin is still sore and I'm particularly wary of the three boys as they do tend to use their paws to get my attention more than the girls do. Again the cushion is great protection!
I guess I must mention that again Finlay has shown hurtful indifference to my return, and because I still love him, yes I did cry! But I've made a decision to leave things as they are; I'll feed him, walk him and care for him but I will make no further effort with him as he only pushes me away. Basically his attitude hurts me too much so from now on he can have it his own way!!!
Soon we will be back on the mountains, soon we will back in the show ring. I can't wait.