Tuesday 12 July 2016

More Worries

For weeks Mikey's lump has stopped growing. At approx 7 x 7 inches it was pretty manageable and we'd got use to it I guess. As I measure it at weekends I was gutted to discover it had grown to 8 x 8 before I went to hospital, and this week end it was 8 x 9.  I still don't think he's the least bit affected by it and as it's tight to his body it doesn't move or anything when he runs. We've informed the vet this morning of the growth spurt but as yet have heard nothing back from him, and I'm not sure we will. After all I have
been told there isn't anything they can do!
Management I guess is the key word, we have to manage Mikey's quality of life, and he has to be able to manage with the lump. At the moment I can't stress enough it is not affecting him at all ... his quality of life has not changed. But, and I know I'm repeating myself, for Mikey to have a continued quality of life, a future .. this bloody thing needs to stop growing.
I didn't realise being on 2 lots of blood thinners would mean I would have some life style changes where the animals are concerned, particularly the cats! The Princess, (Isla) likes to be carried like a "lady," bottom on your chest, front paws on your shoulder. Sadly it seems that without plenty of clothes on I won't be able to carry her about as I / we do. Just a couple of touches from her nails and I look like I've got love bites on my neck, and I thought I was bleeding to death after one of Junior's crash landings onto my knee!!! lol  Still we will change routines and adapt ... and the Princess can always walk!