Monday 11 July 2016

Memories & Dreams


Mostly I like these memories that come up on Facebook, Google and Timehop. Currently my enthusiastic posts on Riley's update from 2012 are a little hard to take, but generally they are enjoyable and it's super to relive memorable occasions. But this one? Hell I don't remember anything about it ... and in the comments when someone asks me if Nico was the sable I'd been hoping for my reply was ..." Nico was defo not a sable, well in the dream anyway, he was a very very dark black and tan"  
Our Nico was born in April 2011 and would have still been at "Conbhairean" in Scotland on the 10th of July 2011. At about 4 months old he was sold to the Belgain Bastard only to return a year later broken in mind and body! Partly heeled he came to us in September of 2012 and hasn't looked back since. A credit to the dog and his breeding that he has been able to bounce back to what I consider almost the perfect GSD. Nico is a happy dog, bouncy, confident and ridiculously cuddly. But he is also a super guard dog, territorial and protective of me and mine. What more could I want? I absolutely adore my "Very Very dark  black and tan male!" 
The dream of a sable male is still very real, and giving Steve enough time (almost 2 years) I have decided that a sable male pup is what I want for my 50th birthday. Not just any sable male though, one that is well bred and of compatible bloodlines to breed into the future of Blanik! I'd always loved the adorable sable bitch "Beegar Aria," but being a CH Conbhairean Waro daughter I knew the breeding was of no use to me. Sammi carries two strong Conbairean lines through Nico and Kai and now avoiding the bloodlines is difficult. Everything I like seems to carry Conbhairean! Last night as I chatted to "Aria's" owner she told me that Aria's dam is currently in whelp, I got excited and checked out the sire .. Thankfully he also carries Ch Conbhairean Waro, and Ch Conbhairean Chico .. I say thankfully as this is not the right time for me to be tempted!
Vomzoarhoff Bou
Then she told me of her future plans, she hopes to mate her new sable baby "Hazroh Zippy" again to "Aria's" mum - Vomzoarhoff Bou for her third and final litter in 2017/18. I checked the pedigree, the puppy looks adorable and depending on his health tests of course, I went ahead and booked a puppy! (and I told Steve) She will give me pick of the males, but does know it has to be a standard coat sable ... so who's coming with me to Brechin in Scotland to get him then?
So here is "Ziggy" ... and yes he is a L/C!