Saturday 30 July 2016

Ole's Genes!

Sammi and Sister Stella 
Ole has now sired 18 puppies in three litters, to date there are no long coats. Is it just one of those things or does he not carry the gene? As I've said should we be lucky enough to get a litter it would be my preference to not have any long coats as it gives me more choice. I know I have someone who would prefer a L/C male, but first and foremost I'm breeding for myself and the the future of Blanik, and as I do not want to keep a long coat having them in my litters always restricts my choice of puppy.
With no long coated progeny so far Ole's owner has ordered a DNA testing kit to see if Ole does carry the gene, or not!  I don't know how long the results take to come through, but maybe before the "J" litter are born we may know whether long coats are possible in the litter or not .. because with "Blaniks" past history, if they are possible, they will be there!