Wednesday 27 April 2016

Disturbed "The Sound Of Silence" 03/28/16



It's been a very very long time since I've been so influenced by a song. I think the last one that got under my skin like this was "Going to a Town" by George, itself a cover of the Rufus Wainwright original. I just can't stop listening to it, this live version and of course watching that haunting video. His voice is the best I've heard in years, amazing in every genre... he honestly gives me goosebumps with ever listen, and I'm listening 4 or 5 times a day!

I prefer this to the original ... it's just so much more powerful, really a different song. I think maybe fans of the original should consider it that way and listen with fresh ears, maybe not compare the two versions.. if that makes sense. Paul Simon loves it, I heard him talking about it on radio 2 where it is now record of the week,  must be a first for a heavy metal band, wonder how the feel about that??