Wednesday 6 April 2016

Comments

When I see anyone coming when I'm on a walk I either change direction or call mine back and put them on the lead. I only had the two little ones the other day and saw someone coming with a collie off the lead. I put my two on the lead and had them sitting at my side .. as the couple with the collie passed the man said to the woman (in Welsh...) "I wish people wouldn't bring those kind of dogs down here!" I smiled politely and wished them a nice walk .... in welsh of course!!!!
The following day again I saw someone approaching as I walked on Mynydd Cilgwyn. (mountain) I recognised him immediately as the man who lives in the village and trains the security/bomb detection dogs. As I have been previously I was very impressed with his control of the 6 loose Gundogs. He merely holds a tennis ball up and they all focus on it. He is obviously a very talented dog trainer .. but my he didn't half let himself down! He commented on how impressive my dogs where, chuffed I thanked him and told him I was proud of them. But he then went on to say that in the kennels he has a GSD x second generation wolf and they are going to use him to try and straighten the backs of the breed! I couldn't be arsed and simply said "Right!" He continued by saying he didn't know if it would work, but they would try! I was speechless ... and felt like I was about to giggle! I made my excuses and continued with the walk! God people don't half surprise you, and not always for the best!