Monday 1 February 2016

Day 18

Sammi with her boys - Loki and Mikey
Sammi had the brown discharge on the Monday, but it was Friday 15th of Jan when I saw the first drop of blood. Today is day 18 and Mikey is finally singing!
I recall at her last season I was naughty and took her to Cheshire Show on day 13 .. Nico was very interested in her on the day, but it was pretty doable. Now I've been thinking back  and I also took Sammi to Blackpool on day 17,  on that day Nico was more interested and we had a more stressful journey, once there we couldn't walk them together either. But we had none of this whoosh of blood and strong smell that comes with it that we are currently having, OMG she stinks of soiled fish!
Beautiful Nico
Mikey usually starts to sing about day 14/15 and then starts to calm down around day 19 - Obviously this season is different! Mikey and Loki haven't eaten much today, Nico of course has. It's against his religion not to eat! Loki is annoyingly excited but to be fair not noisy or disobedient, he's leaving that to his mate Mikey, but Mikey himself is still not at the peak of excitement. I can't imagine this season will be over by day 21.
We did have a similar season with Krizzie and took her to see vet Jill Hubbard just incase there was something wrong. I think it went on for about 26 days. She assured us she was OK, and that the blood was better out than in! Well yeah, that makes sense. Sammi is not ill, eating, playing, cuddling and probably missing her boys; but currently I have throws covering the throws! Ah well it'll pass!!!